Thursday, August 4, 2011

Match.com Experience

Within minutes of joining the site, I was IMed by three scammers. I really didn't mind. I've been divorced for more than two years, and I've led a solitary life since then. So even hearing from the scammers was not out of line. I recognized them for what they were, and I spent some time chatting with them.

There seems to be a lot of single women my age in my area. In the couple of hours that I've spent looking through the site, I've found 14 women that I have something in common with. All live near me.

I don't know yet whether I'll contact any of them. I don't know that I'm ready for a relationship. But I am ready for female companionship. I miss that.

ADDENDUM

It's getting harder to tell the scammers from the real folks. At first it was easy. Scammers tend to post pictures of cute 30-somethings to try to lure older folks. I'm sure that scheme works for some. Me? Hell, I've been using the Internet since 1991 - all the way back to the old DARPA days. I've seen it all. But now, some of the folks are getting closer to my age. That makes it harder to spot them out right away. I have to engage them in conversation.

Luckily, I've got a disposable email address.

No comments:

Post a Comment